John Benson's *2013* Forecasts & Draft Software for Windows(c) - System requirements: Windows(c) 3.1 or higher - IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, just download and run the FREE DEMO and/or see the FREE MANUAL accessible in the menu on the left side of this page.
ORDERING and DEMO INFORMATION APPEAR AT THE END OF
THIS PAGE. Here is a summary of the key steps from start to finish, including HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR PIN ...
Buying and logging in to software:
Go to www.johnbenson.com
Under "Departments" choose "Order Software"
At the end of the order process click on the gold "Download it Now" button. You get your PIN, and you can also download new software with new databases any time by going to Members Only.
Under "Members Only" in the bottom, left, choose:
and to get the newest Software and Database, or retrieve your PIN,
under Members Only choose:
Make sure your username and password are entered correctly in the right fields, and then
click Authorize Access.
From the next page, www.johnbenson.com/members/main.cfm
click on "Account"
and then you should see your PIN appear and see a link to get the latest version.
Pricing is as follows:
- PIN number only $89. This is the "repeat buyers" price for experienced users with no questions and no help needed - do-it-yourself download and install using the instructions here, no help needed, no questions about how-to get started, set up your unique leagues, adjust dollar values, and draft a winning team. - - NEW CUSTOMERS First Year Price $129. New customers please try the FREE DEMO BEFORE ORDERING. It will answer all your questions.
-Personal Help / Services Available - Contact us to make an appointment for:
- Personal assistance with web browsing, downloading or installation: $69 and up ("just need a little help getting started") - This service is mainly for people who don't have time to read the instructions here, and have little knowledge of downloading files from the internet. Email ADMIN@johnbenson.com to schedule an appointment. THERE MAY BE A SIGNIFICANT WAIT TIME DURING OUR BUSY SEASON DECEMBER THROUGH APRIL.
- Lessons from the Pro-Shop; one-on-one tutorial on expert tactics using the software: $99 and up. Questions about dollar values. How to use category weights and hitter/pitcher splits, e.g. how to make power hitters and starting pitchers more valuable and make dollar values simulate actual prices paid in your unique league. This service is mainly for people who don't have time to read the User Manual. Email your request to: ADMIN@johnbenson.com to schedule an appointment.
Phone Sessions with John Benson on maximizing Software power in draft planning and execution - $200 and up by appointment. Few March 2013 appointments remain.
John Benson's draft software is designed to help you study,
prepare for,and execute, a successful draft or auction in a Rotisserie
or similar pick-your-players league, including leagues with auction, draft, Rotisserie scoring, points scoring, and head-to-head scoring. (Try the free demo to see what you can do!) The software has two basic program features:
- the EDIT module including the database editor and valuation
- the DRAFT management program.
The Draft Software can be customized to suit almost any league.
- Accommodates from 5 to 36 Fantasy/Rotisserie rosters of any
size (any number of hitters and any number of pitchers).
- Supports an unlimited number of players on Reserve and Ultra
- Reserve Players count toward the team salary cap, but their
stats do not affect the standings.
- Ultra Players do not count toward the salary cap, nor do
they affect the standings.
- Baseball players may be selected from any defined available
pool: e.g. AL, NL, all 30 teams, AL East, NL Central, or any set of teams. Each of the 30 major league teams may be included or excluded,
as can Disabled List players, free agents, and/or minor league
players not on a major league roster.
- Values and standings can accommodate any combination of hitting
and pitching stat categories. >
- The 2013 version allows you to choose from 16 hitting categories
(AB, Avg, SLG, OBA, OPS, Hits, Singles, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI,
Runs, SB, CS, BB, and K) and 13 pitching categories (Games, IP,
Wins, Losses, Saves, Holds, Hits, Earned Runs, BB, K, ERA, Ratio, and
home runs allowed). Also stat categories can be created combining these categories, e.g. strikeouts per inning and net steals (SB-CS) can be scoring categories in your league using this software, and player values and rankings will reflect these categories.
- The user may combine the basic stat categories to create
YOUR OWN custom categories, up to 4 custom hitting stats plus
up to 4 custom pitching stats. Just add, subtract, multiply and
divide the 29 given categories to create just about any stats
- Hitting/Pitching categories can be unbalanced (e.g. with
5 hitting and 4 pitching categories).
- The 2013 version allows for weighted stat categories. For
example SBs can be weighted to be half the value of the other
categories, or home runs can be double weighted to calculate "market" values for your unique league.
- The software package contains 2013 Forecast Stats (29 categories) by John Benson, plus 2012 full
season, 2012 second half, 2011 full year, 2010 full year, and Three-Year average Stats for 2010-2012. Also contains
2010 and 2011 full season stats, plus 2012 second half isolated.
- Player values can be generated using any stats from any of
the seasons including 2013 forecasts and three-year average
in the database. Second half stats and values from the most recent year are always a popular feature.
- The 2013 version allows you to view a graph of EVERY PLAYER
and see the Three-Year, 2012 full season and second half and
2013 forecast stats in an easy-to-view bar graph, either as absolute
measures or on a per-at-bat basis for hitters or per-inning for
- Dollar Values Support Draft or Auction mode. - In Draft mode,
dollar values are for ranking players and seeing how much better each player is than the next available player.
- in Auction mode, dollar values work under a salary cap.
- Flexible Salary Scale for Auction mode
- Salary Cap
- Minimum Dollar Value
- Minimum Salary Increment
- Custom Valuation of players using John Benson's formulas
in accordance with your individual league roster size, salary structure,
and stat categories.
- Support for a variety of Print Options.
- Supports all Windows Printers
- Print to File
- Customize output by selecting fields to print
- Sort on any category prior to printing
Details of the Draft Software program's two modules:
- Player Editor/Valuation Program
- change player stats and recalculate dollar values.
- view depth charts for all major league teams
- view graphs of player performance for past three years, including
second half 2012. Depth charts show who's going to get the most playing time at
each position on each team.
- assign players to the disabled list or to the minor leagues
(and remove them from the draft and valuation pool if you choose to).
- sort and compare any player with the top five available players
at all positions
- sort capability on any field (any stat category).
- assign/remove players from up to five user-defined lists
and five Benson lists (due for a surge, due for a fall, sleeper,
injury risk, age 26 + experience).
- Draft/Auction Management Program
- keeps track of every player for every team.
- Shows available players at any position, sorted on any field.
- shows league standings at EVERY MOMENT of draft/auction
- shows the potential standings impact of every player on every
- keeps track of position needs and available money for every
- shows actual inflation rates & adjusted values, updated continuously.
- handles toppers and freeze lists.
- view histograms of remaining draft pool population by position,
stat category or value.
- what-if trade analysis allows you to view the impact of potential
trades. Add/remove players from the trade and see its effect
on standings and money.
- PLEASE DOWLOAD AND TRY THE FREE DEMO TO SEE HOW ALL THESE FEATURES WORK - TESTING AND PROBING WILL REVEAL MORE AND MORE FEATURES. THIS SOFTWARE IS THE MOST FEATURE-RICH AVAILABLE ANYWHERE AT ANY PRICE.